Below is a selection of Questions we get asked by our clients regarding our services, how to rent and buy a new home. If you have any questions that are not answered here please don’t hesitate to contact us
We can put you in touch with one of our recommended solicitors either online conveyancers or local businesses.
Even with no chain, it can take around eight to twelve weeks to exchange contracts. Often it can take months, especially if there is a complex chain.
Once everyone has agreed on a date, your buyer’s solicitor will send the completion monies (e.g. mortgage sum and deposit) to your solicitor, who will then give permission to ‘release’ the keys.
Your solicitor will be able to update you on the day and confirm a time that you will need to vacate the property. Rest assured that we will be on hand to help at each step and keep you updated.
There are many factors that will determine this, but your best chance of securing an offer is in the first few weeks of the property being listed. That’s why it’s so important to price the property correctly first time and take extra care to ensure the marketing is the best it can possibly be.
This means no half hearted jobs of poor images or no floorplans.
This is your choice, there’s no right or wrong answer. Some people prefer to look for properties first, but you will be in stronger position as a buyer if you have already secured a sale (subject to contract) on your current property.
Many people draw down a short list of suitable properties online or by speaking with agents before they go out viewing. Some people draw down their shortlist before putting their own property on the market and once they have secured a suitable offer on their own then they go out to view their shortlist.
To prevent delays, ensure you have already decided on a solicitor, we will send out a memorandum of sale to you, your solicitor, your buyer and your buyers solicitors. From this point we will provide weekly updates with regards to the progress.
No. We are more than happy to accompany all viewings but we give you the option. We have 15 years of experience and are trained property consultants, will show the potential buyer around, or you can do the viewing yourself if you prefer.
After using their experience, insight and all available resources to research the most recent sales in your neighbourhood, our trained marketing consultant will visit your home to view the property. This is your opportunity to tell them about any improvements or upgrades you’ve made.
They’ll explain what Regency Property can do to maximise exposure before giving you a suggested asking price for the property. If you wish to choose us we can take photos at this visit or return on another day. It should last no more than one hour.
- Don’t be tempted by an agent who tells you “We can sell this tomorrow”. If one person will buy it tomorrow for a price then consider just how high demand is for a property like yours and as such what price you could achieve with responsibly marketing the property for just a couple of weeks.
- Don’t be pushed or pressured into signing anything. This is a big decision and should be carefully considered. Your agents expertise and customer service both have a direct impact on what price you could achieve. If your agent is being pushy then consider their motivation- is it their sales target and/ or ego or is it your satisfaction?
- Don’t take the agents word for it. If they say they offer professional photography then visit their website and hold them accountable for the poor photography. If they say they are the best agent in town then take a look at or ask for their customers reviews.
- Just because an agent has lots of for sale boards does not mean they are successful. These boards are for sale and not sold. Do you want to be another listing on their books or do you want someone who gets results?
- Free probate valuations
- Free divorce valuations
- Free home staging advice
- Free lettings advice, including lettings valuations
- We can recommend mortgage brokers
- We can recommend conveyancing firms